Do You Have a Case

Do I have a personal injury case?

The prospect of taking legal action can be daunting. There is a lot of paperwork involved, steps to follow, insurance adjusters to deal with, and more. But it starts with the question, Do I have a personal injury case? Do I meet the requirements to successfully recover compensation?

Attorney John Morrison can help you answer this question during your initial consultation. But for now, ask yourselves these questions to determine if you may have a valid case.

Were you injured and do you require ongoing care?

The point of filing a personal injury case is to recover the damages related to an injury. So you must have suffered an injury and you must be able to demonstrate how that injury has affected you financially, physically, mentally, and more. While you do not necessarily have to require ongoing care to file a claim for damages, it certainly helps establish your case if you can show that the injury caused you long-term damages.


Did somebody else cause your injuries?

Negligence and causation are two pillars of any successful personal injury case.You need to first prove that another party owed you a duty of care. For example,all drivers owe others on the road a duty of care to operate their vehicle safely and responsibly.

Then you must establish the responsible party breached that duty of care by acting negligently. For example, a driver is negligent if she is speeding and weaving in and out of traffic.

Finally, you must establish that the responsible party’s negligence actually caused your accident and injuries. For example, you need to present evidence that the other driver was driving aggressively and then struck your vehicle or drove you off the road.


Did you suffer damages related to your injuries?

As noted earlier, you must establish that your injuries caused you damages. If you suffered a minor bruise, for example, you may not be able to file a personal injury claim because it does not require any pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, etc.

But if you suffered injuries that require medical care, keep you from working, or create pain and suffering, then you can file a claim to recover compensation.Work with John Morrison if you are in Gwinnett County to fully develop your case and prove the extent of the damages you suffered, and their value.


What do I do now?

Call John Morrison for help with your case. Each case is unique and while the questions above can help you determine if you have a valid personal injury case,it is no substitute for consultation with a lawyer.

We do not charge any upfront fees. We work on a contingency fee basis,meaning we only collect a fee if we recover compensation for you. To set up your no cost, no obligation consultation, contact us today at 770-951-8900.